Hanyu Qiao (Chinese Bridge) Chinese Proficiency Competition for secondary school students in WA
6月15-16日珀斯举办区域赛（NT, SA, ACT and WA)
The Hanyu Qiao Chinese Proficiency Competition is an annual worldwide Chinese Mandarin speaking and performance competition. The competition is organised by Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) and local Confucius Institutes.
Time and Venue
Hanyu Qiao competition for Western Australian secondary school students will be held on 20th May Saturday, 2017 at Kurrajong Theatre of Confucius Institute.
The winners of the WA Finals will participate in the regional finals in Perth on 15-16 June. There are varied prizes for the participants and travel opportunities to China for top-prize winners.
Components of the Competition
The competition consists of three components:
- Written test in Chinese on your general knowledge of China (20 minutes);
- Unscripted speech on the topic of “Dreams Enlighten the Future ” (2 minutes);
- Cultural performance relevant to Chinese culture (3-5 minutes) e.g. singing in Chinese, martial arts, Chinese folk dancing and Chinese poetry recital etc.
To be eligible for the competition, you must meet the following requirements:
Be a currently enrolled secondary school student in Western Australia
- Be between 15 – 20 years old
- Non-Chinese citizen or Chinese-heritage student
- Not born and raised in a Chinese-speaking country
- Be a genuine speaker of Chinese (Mandarin) as a second language (if in doubt please contact the Confucius Institute)
To participate in the competition, please talk to your teacher and email the completed Recommendation Form to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 May.
Hanyu Qiao (Chinese Bridge) Chinese Proficiency Competition for university students
大学生汉语桥（ACT, NT, SA & WA）
Adelaide in May 2017, Information available soon
Information of 2016 competition FYI:
The “Hanyu Qiao” (Chinese Bridge) Chinese Proficiency Competition is an annual world-wide Chinese Mandarin speaking and performance competition. The competition is organised by the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban). The theme for the 15th competition is “Dreams Enlighten the Future ”. The regional competition for ACT, NT, SA and WA in Australia will take place on 7th May at the Confucius Institute at the University of Western Australia.
The participants will have the opportunity to win great prizes for the competition including Chinese language scholarships, travel opportunities in China and the two top-prize winners will go to Changsha, China in July to take part in the Grand Hanyuqiao Finals which will be filmed by TV and broadcast in prime time to an audience of tens of millions.
The competition has three segments:
- a written test in Chinese on your general knowledge of China (20 minutes);
- an unscripted speech (“Dreams Enlighten the Future” (2 minutes) plus a Q&A ; and
- a cultural performance relevant to Chinese culture e.g. singing in Chinese, martial arts, Chinese folk dancing, Chinese poem recital, etc. (3-5 minutes).
To be eligible the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Be a currently student of an Australian tertiary institution in ACT, NT, SA, or WA.
- Be under 30 years of age at time of application.
- Be an Australian citizen with non-Chinese background.
- Be a genuine speaker of Chinese (Mandarin) as a second language (if in doubt please contact the Confucius Institute (email@example.com or 08 6488 6888)
The Confucius Institute at the University of Western Australia invite students from universities and colleges in ACT, NT, SA, and WA to participate in the 15th Hanyuqiao Competition which takes place on 7th May 2016.
To be considered for entry, please complete the 2016_Recommendation-form_Uni-candidate and send it to the Confucius Institute at UWA: firstname.lastname@example.org before 22 April. We will confirm your eligibility to participate and send you a confirmative reply.
Photos of Previous Hanyuqiao Competition
Hanyuqiao for Secondary School Students