Hanyu Qiao (Chinese Bridge) Chinese Proficiency Competition for secondary school students in WA
6月15-16日珀斯举办区域赛（NT, SA, ACT and WA)
The Hanyu Qiao Chinese Proficiency Competition is an annual worldwide Chinese Mandarin speaking and performance competition. The competition is organised by Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) and local Confucius Institutes.
Theme: Learn Chinese, Double Your World （学会中国话，朋友遍天下）
Time and Venue
Hanyu Qiao competition for Western Australian secondary school students will be held on 20th May Saturday, 2017 at Kurrajong Theatre of Confucius Institute.
The winners of the WA Finals will participate in the regional finals in Perth on 15-16 June. There are varied prizes for the participants and travel opportunities to China for top-prize winners.
Components of the Competition
The competition consists of three components:
- Written test in Chinese on your general knowledge of China (20 minutes);
- Unscripted speech on the topic of “Learn Chinese, Double Your World” (2 minutes);
- Cultural performance relevant to Chinese culture (3-5 minutes) e.g. singing in Chinese, martial arts, Chinese folk dancing and Chinese poetry recital etc.
To be eligible for the competition, you must meet the following requirements:
Be a currently enrolled secondary school student in Western Australia
- Be between 15 – 20 years old
- Non-Chinese citizen or Chinese-heritage student
- Not born and raised in a Chinese-speaking country
- Be a genuine speaker of Chinese (Mandarin) as a second language (if in doubt please contact the Confucius Institute)
To participate in the competition, please talk to your teacher and email the completed Recommendation Form to email@example.com before 5 May.
“Hanyu Qiao ” Chinese Proficiency Competition for university students of ACT, NT, SA & WA
大学生汉语桥比赛 6 May 2017, Adelaide
The “Hanyu Qiao” (Chinese Bridge) Chinese Proficiency Competition is an annual world-wide Chinese Mandarin speaking and performance competition. The competition is organised by the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban). The theme for the 16th competition is “Dreams Enlighten the Future ”. The regional competition for ACT, NT, SA and WA in Australia will take place on 6th May at the Confucius Institute at the University of Adelaide.
For more information please click: HYQ Informaton-Registration Sheet 2017
Photos of Previous Hanyuqiao Competition
Hanyuqiao for Secondary School Students