Easter Camp for WA High School Students: 12th – 22nd April 2017
Applications are now open for the 2017 Easter Camp to Zhejiang University, China.
Easter Camp is a 10-day study tour in China. It provides an opportunity for non-Chinese students, aged 14-17, in WA’s secondary schools to visit China and to learn its language and culture.
- Duration: 12th–22nd April 2017
- Number of participants: 20 subsidised places are available
- intensive Chinese language and cultural experience
- cultural excursions in Hangzhou and Shanghai
- meeting and discussion with Chinese students
- Accommodation: Confucius Institute at UWA and Zhejiang University will provide free accommodation, meals and fees for excursions during the tour in China. Participants will stay at on-campus dormitory of Zhejiang University.
- Program cost: The participant will be responsible for his/her costs of visa fees, international flights, travel insurance and any other costs not related to the official program of the study tour.
Applications close 24th February 2017.
Program and application forms are attached here: Easter_Camp_Program_2017
The camp is an annual event and is jointly organized by the Confucius Institute at UWA and Zhejiang University and sponsored by the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban).
For enquiries please contact the Confucius Institute on
(08) 6488 6871 or email@example.com
WA Principals Study Tour: 23rd – 30th September 2016
China Study Tour for Uni Students— Registration Closed
For university students and general public: 28th Nov 2016 – 23rd Jan 2017
1. Register and pay fees at www.trybooking.com/MPJC
2. Download and complete relevant forms with your photo attached where indicated:
a. Confucius Institute China Study Tour 2016-17_Enrolment Form
b. Beijing Language and Culture University Application Form
c. Zhejiang University Application Form
3. Arrange a scanned copy of the photo page of your passport
4. Email completed forms in separate PDF files and passport scan to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th October 2016.
The study tour is open to adults aged 18 and above at all levels of Chinese language proficiency including beginners.* Tertiary students from any Australian and New Zealand University are welcome.
The program is split between two prestigious institutions: Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU) and Zhejiang University (ZJU) in Hangzhou. The tour includes four weeks in Beijing and four weeks of study content delivered in just over three weeks in Hangzhou (due to the timing of Chinese New Year). There will be a one-week break between the Beijing and Hangzhou courses.
The China Study Tour offers intensive classes in cultural studies and in all facets of Chinese language, including speaking, listening, reading and writing. Extracurricular activities are included which invite students to immerse themselves in Chinese culture and practise their newly acquired communication skills.
*Please Note: University of WA students who have completed any CHIN unit are ineligible for the China Study Tour but can enroll in the University’s CHIN 2801 China Field Study.
|Monday 22nd August||Registrations open|
|Friday 30th September||Early bird registrations close|
|Monday 31st October||Registrations close|
|Sunday 27th November||Students must have arrived in Beijing|
|Monday 28th Nov – Friday 23rd Dec||Study at Beijing Language and Culture University|
|Monday 26th Dec – Sunday 1st Jan||Break and travel to Hangzhou|
|Monday 2nd – Monday 23rd Jan||Study at Zhejiang University in Hangzhou|
Fees cover all tuition. Students must cover separately their own airfares, insurance, food and accommodation costs. More information will be provided once registration opens.
|Beijing or Hangzhou only Fee||$2,300|