Types of Scholarships
Four types of scholarship are available to study in China:
- Confucius Institute Scholarships – duration between four weeks and one academic year, longer scholarships for those who wish to teach Chinese are also available. (Applications open 1 March 1 2017)
- Chinese Government Scholarships – duration between one semester and an entire degree. (closed)
- Zhejiang University – two-year Master’s Degree scholarship in China Studies (delivered in English at the new Haining Campus). (closed)
- Confucius China Study Program – PhD Fellowship, duration between six months to two years. (closed)
2017 CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE SCHOLARSHIP
Foreign students who have gained a master’s degree or above at a Chinese university within the previous year can now seek employment in the country. More details of this new policy below:
China Issues Work Policy for Foreign Graduates
http://www.mohrss.gov.cn/gkml/xxgk/201701/t20170111_264214.html (Please note that this page is in Chinese only)
Chinese Language Tests 汉语考试
HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi)
The HSK test was launched by Hanban in an effort to better serve Chinese language learners. The test is the result of coordinated efforts by the experts from different disciplines including Chinese language teaching, linguistics, psychology and educational measurement. The new exam combines the advantages of the original HSK while taking into consideration the recent trends in Chinese language training by conducting surveys and making use of the latest findings in international language testing. The HSK test is China’s officially recognized language proficiency exam. All HSK results are internationally recognized as proof of Chinese language proficiency and it is popular for non-native Chinese speakers to take the test sometime during their language study. HSK testing is held in Feb and October 2017 at UWA Claremont Campus.
- HSK Information-Introduction
- HSK Information-Eligibility
- HSK Information-Registration Procedures
Confucius Institute provides HSK individual tutorial based on the candidates’ requests. Please fill out the form and contact: email@example.com HSK Tutorial Enrolment Form
Youth Chinese Test (YCT)
The YCT test was developed by Hanban in an effort to encourage non-Chinese speaking primary and secondary school students to learn Chinese and improve their Chinese language proficiency. It consists of four levels in line with the HSK testing system, with the highest level equivalent to HSK Level 3. YCT tests will be in Aug and Nov 2017. Those who are interested in taking YCT, please contact us or your school Chinese teacher.
For group bookings, please fill in 2017 YCT Registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information related to HSK or YCT at our institute, please contact: Dr Chanli Guo, HSK Coordinator Tel: 6488 6845 Fax: 6488 6889 Email: email@example.com
More information and sample tests on http://www.chinesetest.cn